When talking about photo editing, processing, and digital retouching, Photoshop is the star program though it could be very complex to use at the beginning. If you are looking for an alternative to Photoshop, in this article, we present you with all you seek. Here is a list of photo editing programs that are free, lightweight, and relatively easier to use than Photoshop.
Best Programs for Photo Editing
1) GIMP: It is the closest competitor to Photoshop. It offers very advanced options and features, very similar to those found in a professional Software. It can be installed both on the computer and on a USB stick to carry it on.
2) LunaPic: A fabulous online editor. In addition to a free set, it does not require installation or registration or anything. The number of functions and options they offer makes it a desirable option.
3) Paint.NET: For many, it is the best photo editing program. Its main asset is that it is full of plug-ins that provide it with additional features with endless special effects.
4) Photolemur: A very functional photo editor, well-rated by those who use it. It allows for editing images, enhancing skin and face in one click, color recovery, among other things. For more knowledge on this, visit http://photolemur.com/blog/best-photo-editing-software.
5) Picasa: It is the Google program for photo editing. It allows you to organize, edit, and share photos in a straightforward and affordable way for the clumsiest of users.
6) Pixia: Although it is more oriented to drawing, its characteristics and its ease of use make it a good alternative when editing photos. It offers a large number of filters and adjustments that will bring your photos to life.
This is a list that you can use as a reference if you want to start working with the digital edition without having to pay the high cost of acquiring Photoshop or Lightroom.