The Huawei devices are considered quite better for trying out new things and great ROMs over it. The reason that people love custom ROMs on this devices is because it has some of the best features which you will love to have in your devices. But as you know that there are some people who love to keep their devices backed up with custom recovery and have customs ROMs running. For them, all they need to do is to unlock the bootloader. I will be sharing here how to unlock the bootloader of huawei devices.
Unlocking the bootloader of any device is quite simple. All you would need is a PC, access to your command window, a USB cable and a good internet connection. Yet, before you begin, please note the following points:
How to Unlock the Bootloader of any Huawei device:
- Firstly, make sure that you enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking in your Huawei devices. These options can be found in the Developer Options of your device.
- Now you have to install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC. If you are a windows PC user, then you can click here, and if you are a Mac user, then you may click here.
- Now you have to create a Huawei ID. For that, you can visit this page
- When you create the Huawei ID, you have to fill out other details on this page.
- It will ask for the product identification code which you will get there easily.
- Now, you will get the unlock code which you have to save up for later use.
- Now, go to the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot drivers. Right click in the folder and open a command window there.
- Now, connect your device to your PC via a USB cable and reboot your device into fastboot mode by typing this command- “adb reboot bootloader”
- Now in the window, type “fastboot devices” and hit enter and by doing this, you will see the serial numbers. It means that your device is connected properly.
- For unlocking the bootloader of Huawei Honor 5X, type “fastboot oem unlock unlock key” and replace this unlock key with the one which you have already got from the above steps.
- Now, your device’s bootloader is unlocked. To reboot your device into normal mode, type “fastboot reboot” and your device will start functioning normally again.
So, this was the whole process to unlock the bootloader of Huawei devices. You won’t really face any difficulty in this process, but if you do, make sure you ask us about this in the comment section and we will be glad to answer your queries.
- This website doesn’t hold any responsibility of any damage done to your device if occurred during this process.
- This method will void the warranty of your Huawei device. Make sure you keep that in mind.
- This process will erase all the internal storage of your device. Be sure to keep a backup of your files.
- Ensure you at least have 50% charge before beginning with this process.